The Council of American Overseas Research Centers (CAORC) is a nonprofit consortium of independent overseas research centers which promotes scholarship, education and international dialogue. CAORC seeks to hire an experienced program director to oversee the implementation of its fellowship and collaborative programs; identity new program opportunities and write grant applications; and develop an overall monitoring and evaluation plan for CAORC’s programs. A well-qualified candidate will possess strong communication and analytical skills and have the ability to manage a range of diverse programmatic and administrative activities. This position is based in Washington, DC and is anticipated to start in March 2018.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Oversee program implementation, including the design and conduct of program activities;
· Ensure programmatic goals are achieved and operational and reporting requirements are followed;
· Respond to programmatic inquiries from federal and private funders on behalf of CAORC and its member Centers;
· Lead the design and implementation of monitoring activities for all CAORC programs; development and monitoring of program indicators; implementation of baseline, midterm and end line studies; oversight of data collection, analysis and reporting;
· Oversee timely and effective dissemination of evaluation findings to relevant stakeholders.
· Identify new funding opportunities; monitor federal and private websites for announcements of new grants; stay informed of priorities of federal agencies and private foundations;
· Develop responsive programs to grant announcements; and new programs for unsolicited proposals in collaboration with CAORC’s network of scholars and colleagues;
· Advise and assist member Centers regularly on program requirements, provide technical assistance and coaching;
· Expand CAORC’s outreach efforts to different audiences and constituencies;
· Join fellow staff in representing CAORC at academic conferences, meetings, and special events;
· Ensure adherence to CAORC policies and procedures, as well as to funder/donor regulations;
· Assist with planning and coordination of events including board meetings, workshops, conference, and lectures.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s Degree required; graduate degree desired;
· A minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience in program development and management; experience in designing and implementing monitoring and evaluation plans. Additional years of relevant work experience may be substituted for educational requirement;
· Preference may be given for candidates who have existing experience with international exchange programs, both federal and private, that deal with higher education.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Demonstrated critical thinking skills, interpersonal skills and sensitivity to interact with all levels of staff, members of donor organizations, funders, and other relevant actors;
· Exceptional analytical skills for interpreting complex program and political issues and to think innovatively and introduce new concepts;
· Exceptional writing skills, ability to create and edit clear, concise, and persuasive writing in all forms of communication; proven ability to write well for technical, academic, and general audiences in English is essential;
· Quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills;
· Ability to translate technical information into practical guidance and tools and effectively communicate these using print, electronic, and presentation media;
· Superior oral communications skills to effectively present information, program details and respond to questions;
· Ability to form strong and effective relationships throughout a matrix organization;
· Ability to work in person and long distance with people of different backgrounds and varying levels of technical training;
· Ability to solicit information from key stakeholders and convert to appropriate and consistent messaging for target audiences.LEVEL OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
English - native or bilingual proficiency required.PROFESSIONAL LEVEL
ProfessionalMINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
4-year degreeHOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by February 4, 2018.
NO PHONE CALLS ACCEPTED.
Due to the anticipated high volume of responses, we will not be able to reply to all applicants, but all resumes will be reviewed. Only the candidates with the most relevant background will be contacted. Thank you.